- using our website
- accessing, requesting, enquiring about, or purchasing wine or other products and services from Kurtz Family Vineyards (online, through our mailing list, by phone, or in person)
- entering our competitions
- visiting our premises, or
- providing personal information to Kurtz Family Vineyards, its officers, agents or employees,
you acknowledge and consent to the use, collection, storage or disclosure of your personal information by us in accordance with this policy and the Privacy Act. You should not provide us with your personal information if you are not of legal age to purchase alcohol in the jurisdiction where you live or if you do not agree to the terms set out in this policy.
WHAT TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOLD?
We may collect (and hold) different personal information from you depending on how you interact with us.
If you access our website, we may collect information about how you have used our site.
If you access our social media pages or subscribe to our mailing list we may collect your name, postal/street address, e-mail address, phone number or contact details if you submit them to us.
If you contact us, we may collect your name, postal/street address, e-mail address, phone number or contact details.
We may also collect information about:
- your demographic;
- your interests;
- subscriptions to our mailing lists;
- your purchases of wine and other products and services related to our activities;
- your location;
- the technology you use to access our services; and
- how and when you use our services.
HOW DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
You may provide us with information about yourself when corresponding with us or when using our website. For example, we collect personal information directly from you:
- when you contact us;
- when we contact you;
- when you buy goods or services from us online, over the phone or in person;
- when you subscribe to a mailing list;
- when you enter a promotion, competition or survey conducted by us, or post a review or testimonial (including through our website or social media sites);
- when you register to create an account, or to become a member of a club or loyalty program;
- when you contact us online to request information; or
- when you deal with us in other ways involving a need for personal information to be provided, whether in person, over the phone, or via email.
This policy does not apply in relation to any other websites linked to, or from, our website. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those websites. You should contact the operators of those other websites directly for details of their information handling practices.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Generally, information you give to us is used to provide you with a product or service which you have requested from us (for example, if you have purchased wine from us).
We will not use your information to market to you unless we have your implied or express consent. For example, if you purchased wine from us (or registered to do so), enquired about our products or entered a promotion in relation to our products, we may imply your consent to receive marketing materials about those products, or other products or brands which we think you may be interested in.
If you receive electronic communications from us, we will always provide you with an opportunity to unsubscribe from receiving further information from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link provided in the communication.
We may also use the information we collect from you when you use our website (such as the areas of a website accessed by you and your IP address) to:
- administer our website and to try and keep our website safe and secure;
- help us gain a better understanding of your likes and dislikes so to improve our website and the services we offer;
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our website; and
- make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our website about goods or services that may interest you or them.
WILL WE EVER DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We will not disclose your personal information to third parties except:
- with your express consent;
- where we are required or authorised by law to do so, for example to law enforcement agencies; or
- where third parties appointed by us require access to personal information held by us to perform services (in which case we require these contractors to keep that personal information confidential and not to use or disclose it for any purpose other than the purpose of performing those services).
HOW CAN YOU ACCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
You have the right to access and modify the personal information we hold about you. You can access and change your personal information by contacting us, or if applicable, via the website where you entered your personal information. Before providing you with access to your personal information we may require proof of identity. We may charge a reasonable administration fee for providing access to your personal information if your request requires substantial effort on our part.
HOW SECURE IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We take appropriate measures to keep your personal information secure. Personal information we hold is generally stored in computer systems. These may be operated by us or by our service providers. In all cases, we have rigorous information security requirements aimed at eliminating risks of unauthorised access to, and loss, misuse or wrongful alteration of, personal information.
If you have an account with us, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account details including your password, and are responsible for any activity under your account. We will not be responsible for any loss arising from your failure to comply with this obligation.
Due to its nature, transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will protect your personal data in accordance with this policy, we cannot guarantee the security of any data transmitted to our website and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security measures to try to prevent unauthorised access.
From time to time we may make changes to this policy. Changes come into effect from the time when they are brought to your attention, or when you next log on to our website, whichever is earlier. Please make sure you review the policy each time you visit our website to keep up to date with any changes.
ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS?
If you have any questions or concerns about our collection, use or disclosure of personal information, or you wish to make a complaint in relation to our privacy practices, please contact us via our website, or by mail, email or phone as below:
Kurtz Family Vineyards
PO Box 460 | Nuriootpa | SA 5355 | Australia
Mobile | + 61 (0) 418 810 982
We take all queries and complaints seriously and will respond to you within a reasonable period of time, unless we consider your complaint to be frivolous or vexatious.
If you would like more information about the Privacy Act, privacy law or privacy principles, or if you aren’t satisfied with the way we have handled a query or complaint, please contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.